Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2016

NORDSTROM ANNIVERSAY SALE EDITION!!!


Nordstrom
All right Nordstrom Lovers, its almost time for the public to begin the madness of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  #NSALE to the rest of the world.  If you’re new to this phenomenon let me school you.  This is the sale to end all sales.  Dedicated shopaholic fashionistas wait all year for this one!!  It’s the sale that you literally make a list, map out your route, plan your protein powered up breakfast and put on the best Addidas jogging suit you have and you GO GO GO!!!  If you’re like me and not fortunate enough to live close enough to an actual store then you have the Internet.  The last couple of years I’ve had to use the Internet and I’ve found, I think I almost like that better.  I can sit in a fashion coma for 12 straight hours in my polo jammies and drink Mt. Dew and stalk.  For a week before this sale starts I begin loading my cart.   A lot of their exclusive sale items won’t even be on the website until the sale opens, but at least you can get a heads up.  If you're a Nordstrom Rewards shopper you will get your catalog a few weeks beforehand.

SO, what are we getting???  This is the time of the year you want to examine your closet and inspect your basics.   Because this is the best time to get your layers and staples.  Don’t be an amateur, you really want to stock up on these items first because they will go fast.   You’re going to be looking for soft layering tees, turtlenecks and shells, cardigans, leggings and jeans.  Nordstrom has a lot of brands that are exclusive to their store.  I was skeptical at first being a “name brand snob” but I have to tell you, that for the price and the quality, you cannot and will not go wrong with their brands.  I absolutely LOVE, their Leith line, Halogen, and Socialite.  And this year B.P. has taken over the sale and I’m excited to try their stuff.  Oh yes, it’s coming this week!   Next, designer items that are HOT are the next thing to go.  Tory Burch riding boots are over a $100 off right now, Hunter Boots are significantly reduced, Vince Camuto Booties are under $100, Ugg has a GORGEOUS knee high boot right now for $149.99,  and there’s a great new leather watch that’s showing up in EVERY blog, the Nixon Ragnar Square less than $150!!!  Also the Tory Burch mini cross body in burgundy is only $234 (normally $350)!!!! WHAT????  I know!   Its at this point my husband is reminding me we’re not rich.  I just ignore him.  But seriously, these items, especially the Tory Burch and Hunters you need to grab, because once their sold out they’re gone and if they restock, they will never be this price again the rest of the year, well, until the next sale next year!!  You feelin me????

With the Fall approaching its really hard to go from Summer to Fall but the styles and colors this year are going to make that transition so much easier.   Quite frankly this is the first year that I’m embracing the white pants after Labor Day!!  The struggle was real people.   Just about a month ago I acquired the all-elusive Stuart Weitzman OTK boots in a beautiful neutral not quite grey not quite beige color.  I’ll be wearing those over the aforementioned post Labor Day Hope My Grandmother Forgives Me white skinny jeans.    What can I say, they had a 40% off sale and when Stuart Weitzman boots are under $400 you don’t ask permission ladies, you ask for forgiveness….later…..much later!  But if you just can't bring yourself to do it, the Steve Madden dupe is also on sale for a great price, go ahead, you know you want to!!  The colors of Fall are beautiful this year, warm earth tones and dark burgundies!  I love a red, so when I saw that the dark burgundy was back in again this year I literally jumped for joy!  Halogen has a gorgeous OTK boot, considerably cheaper than the Stuart Weitzman for $109.00.   You’re doing yourself an injustice if you don’t look at it.   Not an OTK kind of gal? No problemo, there’s a gorgeous bootie by Alexander Wang making its rounds if you desire a luxury designer shoe.  If you’re a girl on a budget or the man has you on that leash, no worries…B.P. is a HOT brand this year with Nordstrom and they have a beautiful bootie for $79.00.   Booties are still the trend, in case you didn’t notice.  Embrace the bootie!  Tom’s has a really cute, every day lace up wedge bootie that I bought last year.  It quickly became my favorite shoe.  You can wear these with EVERYTHING. 

Being back in the south where we have seasons I really wanted to focus my own wardrobe on items I could wear on the weekends out with the kids, or on a fun date night OR the Event of the YEAR the annual Peanut Festival.  I wanted to be able to layer because you never know if the day is going to be 80 degrees and end up being 57 degrees by the time the sun goes down.   I found that there are 2 great finds you most definitely have to check out.  The B.P. Adorandak Cargo Jacket and the  Thread and Supply Utility vest.  Both are in olive green and very on point for this year to be layered with those staple soft tees I told you about and also flannel shirts!  Flannel shirts are back again.  I personally went with the vest because I’m hot natured and coats weigh me down.   But I can pair this really cute vest with the new blanket scarf, which is on sale for under $20 (normally $38!!).  I got the pretty beige and burgundy to accent the green.  The perfect things to add to your AG jeans that are ridiculously cheap this year and the chestnut Vince Camuto Booties.  These booties are the "IT" bootie this year.  It sold out within minutes everytime I put it my cart!  I did end up getting it.   I also splurged on a new Fall beige wool fedora wide brimmed hat under $20!  


It took me three days to achieve all my Nordstrom Sale items that I wanted and needed and to justify in my head WHY I needed them.  Multiple times my cart would say an item I had added had sold out before I could check out.  Don’t get discouraged.  Do not delete these items from your cart.  Just move them down to the SAVE section and when they restock or someone returns an item it will show up as available in your cart.  Believe me, I had heart palpitations over those chestnut Vince Camutos and my soft burgundy Cardigan!!!  I felt like I was back in a bidding war on Ebay, when Ebay was new.  The items you really didn’t know if you wanted but then they were gone and that’s how you knew you couldn’t live life with out that windowpane check Leith Blouse.  I stayed the course and ended up with my prizes!  So stay strong!   I’m going to showcase what I felt were the big winners in this sale and maybe this will help you to make your game plan.  You have a couple of days left to plan.  AND the catalog is online so that you can sneak peek everything and make your list.   I hope you get FABULOUS FINDS and please, share what you got, I’d love to know how your trip went!  And post a pic I’m dying to see how everyone is styling your finds!  I’ll be blogging my finds soon……as soon as all my packages arrive and I’ve snuck the evidence by Big Chief!

STAPLE FINDS:

All of these are great because you can layer, layer, layer and add on the accessories!  Big scarves, watches and bracelets!  Don't forget a cute hat!

 BP Open Front Cardigan
BP Open Front Cardigan
AG Jeans Legging Ankle
Leith Shawl Collar Cocoon Cardigan
BP Stripe Crew
Lush V-Neck Crepe Blouse
BP Plaid Tunic



























TRENDY:

All the bloggers are dawning the shift dresses and bell sleeves.  Great to add a cardi to and dress down or up with your new cute booties!  A pair of tights and knee boots takes this look to nighttime. Play around with them, add cute strappy flats or this would be a good time to wear those leopard flats.  Big piece of gold jewelry like a bracelet and a monogram necklace. These jackets are my faves this year.  I can't wait to add this vest to some cool jeans and my blanket scarf!  

BP Anorak Cargo Jacket
Lush Whitney Bell Sleeve
Leith Doman Dress
Thread & Supply Utility Vest


SHOES/BOOTS:

Ugg, Tory Burch, Vince Camuto, Steve Madden, Halogen....I can't really say anything else about these.  HUGE, I mean YUGE SAVINGS here!  I wish I could have every color in every brand!  The brown leather on those Tory's are to die for!

ToTory Burch Ashlynn
Halogen Noble OTK
BP Tandem Bootie
Ugg Ava Tall Boot
Vince Camuto Feina bootie
Halogen Flat
Hunter Boots
Steve Madden OTK boot



























ACCESSORIES:

Every girl needs a statement piece and a great handbag.  You shouldn't leave the house without either. And invest in good quality.  As we've just learned this year, your handbags could be an investment!  I never leave the house without a GREAT bag and my Movado!  Its my signature.  The two bags I've tagged are the go to styles this year and from last year as well, so it seems to be sticking.  You really can't go wrong with classic styles.

Rebecca Minkoff Vanity
Tory Burch Mini Crossbody
Plaid Blanket Scarf
Wool Fedora
Wool Hat
Nixon Ragnar Watch