Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Deana Rae’s Favorite Things…Almost like Oprah, but not really.

I decided that I would share some of my favorite things for this coming Fall/Winter. New trends are in and everyone is so excited to break out all their new warm things. I know I am, and I’m in south Texas so when I break out the scarves and vests when its still 81 degrees outside, you know I’m ready. What can I say, you can take the girl outta the Hoosier State but you can’t take the Hoosier outta the girl!
Even when I wasn’t in Indiana, I spent 10 years in Tennessee, just west of Nashville. The colors there are breath taking and there’s just something about good ole southern hospitality! Nashville became my second home, and the place I met my wonderful husband. And as I always say, he’s good people! You will find some great food, great shopping, the best music on the planet, and beautiful places to take a hike or ride your bike. Tennessee is very special, and if you ever make it, you may not want to leave. Make sure you hit up Hillsboro and enjoy a boutique or too. Maybe you’ll see Reese Witherspoon in her new flagship designer store, Draper James Girl. It’s the essential Southern Girl store for you southern belles!


Christmas is quickly approaching us and hot items are going to be flying off the shelves. So, what is a girl to have this year??? Well, let me help you with some things I think will help you make your must have lists. What I can tell you is that selfie stick will not be on any of my lists. Although, It did make its way into my 13-year-old son’s pile. Don’t Judge Me, I blame him. The trends this year are very on point with somewhere between the 70’s and the 80’s. We’re kind of all over the map. Spiked heals or block heels. Either way, Tory Burch is my go to girl this year. She has bo ho chic to Chanel inspired jackets to bright big grid patterns. Tory Burch Snakeskin Bond Pumps with a bright burgundy Marian Tote.
Tory Burch Marion Quilted Tote

Tory Burch Sankeskin Bond Pump

Every blog girl has one, and whom do we want to look like??? Animal print never goes out of style. Every year the cheetah is redesigned in our shoes, cardigans and clutches. Don’t go over board ladies, try a belt and shoes. Simple is tasteful. We’re not looking for a place on Soul Train at 1:00 pm at the office.



 Everyone is still GA-GA over the Hunter boots, including yours truly. I just received my first pair, and what can I say, I’m a believer.  But the shoe I wasn’t expected to fall in love with was the   Toms Desert Wedge Bootie. It gives me height, and that’s important since I’m only 5 foot tall. They’re very comfortable and go with anything. I can wear these with skirts, skinny jeans, leggings and shirtdresses.
Southern Curls and Pearls
And that’s important when you’re a girl on a budget.

Be Bold go with Gold!! Cheesy huh, yea a little bit, but go ahead. Drape it, layer it, stack it and channel your inner Mr. T. Mix em too, go in there and mix your bright yellow with your rose, especially when you’re wearing earth tones. And earth tones are the must have this year. And gold looks so pretty and Fall when its matched with your winter whites, olives and taupes. Where to find big bold gold, Neiman Marcus. They have out done themselves with their designers this year. Try someone new. Try out Ashley Pittman, her stuff is GAWGEOUS! Don’t be afraid to buy a nice expensive piece. Gold is like religion it goes with everything!

 These are just a few of a very long list of must haves that I came up with to share with you. What are your must haves for this year?