Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2015

One year later....A new Deana Rae and a new wardrobe!

I'm back on the blogging trail.  I'm going to give this the honest go.  Over the last year I've been busy getting back out in the real world again.  I've traded in my yoga pants and pony tails for Manolos and Kate Spades.  And let me tell you, when you are home for 6 years raising a family and you re-enter the real world....it is a shock!!  I went from having wild stories that involved my besties and road trips to Nashvegas to wild stories about my toddler's pottery barn sheets and what binder I was going to use to hold all my Dave Ramsay envelopes and spreadsheets.  Texas was my new beginning, and Im going to take this life on by the horns.

What I didn't know was that even though I was so eager to get back out there and show the world what an awesome Paralegal I was, that the real world, well, they didn't care.  Because in general we as a society change, fast.  I walked into my new office with all the confidence and the wardrobe of an Ally McBeal.   My skirt was short, my blouse was in style and I was wearing Manolos.  My husband had bought me a back to work present, a brand new Cedar Street red Kate Spade hand bag and the Urban Shoe Myth, Mary Jane Manolo Blahniks.  I literally had the same reaction Carrie Bradshaw had in that little room of magic at Vogue.  I hugged those shoes, and petted them and loved them all the day long.  I had made it.  You are someone when you wear those beautiful black shiny patent leather shoes.

The first few weeks went slow, and I was quiet trying to take it all in and learn how the ins and outs of a major MDL law firm worked.  This was no ambulance chasing Saul I was working for, they were big time.  I mean, they had enough pictures of themselves on the walls, that's the 1st sign right?   I started to get my groove, my desk started getting bins and my phone started ringing and soon I started making new friends.  I had a place I could call my home away from home.  I had my independence again, I had a purpose that was not related to deciding whether or not I wanted to try the new "fresh like linens" Pledge.  It was an exciting time.

I'm not at the place anymore, just like my wardrobe, I needed to grow.  I've down graded the yoga pants to just the weekends, I've loosened the pony tails and added more hair products to my supply, and I'm now a Nordstrom Rewards member with perks!  I'm still out in the real world, on the 20th floor over looking the yacht club dreaming of one day of just being able to afford to charter an afternoon out on the bay with my wonderful husband, the war hero and greatest Scout Pilot to ever live.  But until then, I'm keeping it simple, classy and fun.  And that's my advice for the day to you.   Be You.

You can have this look too.  White and Black bow tie blouse WHBM/ black leather skirt/ handbag Kate Spade/ shoes Manolo Blahnik/ bracelet Kate Spade/ watch Movado