Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Who Doesn't Love Trends????

It’s my favorite time of the year!  Fall!!!  The leaves are turning and the colors are electric and the new Fall/Winter catalogs are out busting with new must have looks for the season.  This year all the blogs and all the chic boutiques have one thing in common…Blanket Scarves!  Great big soft plaid wraps.  You can twist them, wrap them and drape them.  You can even wear them like a cape with a belt!  So many possibilities.

It only made sense that I would have this year’s must have.  Like any good fashionista on a budget I started googling and looking.  I started at my favorite, Nordstrom.  $38 for a scarf.   Gonna be hard to explain that one to the man, especially since its not Burberry!   And let me tell you, I have that one waiting in a cart, on sale, just trying to figure out a way to make that magic happen.   Anyways, I digress, a few searches here and there and voila…my efforts paid off, I found a lil online boutique that had the exact color and design.  Placed my order and anxiously awaited like it was Christmas Eve and Santa himself was going to be waiting at my mailbox!

I’m sure my item came by slow boat from China, as the waiting seemed to take 3 weeks to get here.  Everyday I’m seeing all the new ads and ways to wear these super cool trendy blanket scarves.   Even though its still 91 degrees here in South Texas, being the Hoosier girl at heart, I'm gonna wear it anyways, you know, channel the Fall and it will come.  Today, it arrived.  OH JOY JOY!!  I could hardly contain my happiness.  I was so excited to see that little white package with all those lil China-Man symbols on the envelope.  The Fabulous Deana Rae is about to rock yet another awesome trend!

I yanked it out of the package.  Uh huh.  I’ve been googling all day how to wear your blanket scarf, so I’ve got this.  Big square, fold into triangle, drape, wrap and pull.   Yes!  Turn around look in mirror.  Now it could have been the fact that I was still wearing my black and white grid patterned sheath dress with Peter Pan Collar and 3 strand pearl Kate Spade necklace, BUT, when I turned around and saw myself there it was like, well, It was like the only thing missing was a big a brown straw hat, some muck boots and a lil brown wooden wagon.  That’s right, when you’re 5’1” some trends make you look like you should be an ornament on the porch next to the lil jockey holding a lantern.   I seem to have fallen prey to the ever-popular short girl syndrome.  I wont be wearing any maxi dresses or ponchos but dang it I really liked these scarves.  So I did what any reasonable girl in my position would do…I immediately got online and purchased the other big trend….the tall glossy Navy Hunter rain boots.  I think it will pull the look together.  Because, how many lawn ornaments do you see wearing rain boots!

I'll try this again in the morning, start new, get it right, be FABULOUS!  Hope Springs Eternal......

I stood in the mirror for 40 minutes draping and wrapping and draping and wrapping.  I felt like wearing it like the traditional scarf was choking the life out of me.  Where did my neck go?  Why do all those girls in the pictures have perfect hair and smiles and Im drowning in a poncho?  So I went with the cape version and had it tied with a really cute brown belt with a bow.  Cause bows make everything better right?  Here's what you don't see in those cute perfect pictures...YOU CANT MOVE YOUR ARMS!!!!   I was stuck in a Dean Winchester poncho and I couldn't move my arms!  My fat underneath was all balled up and falling out in weird ways in the cute white long sleeved shirt.  I didn't see fat in that cute girl's perfect picture.  Why does hers lays so perfect and what do i do with the belt under neath?  How do i go to the bathroom with this?  Well, at least my jewelry is cute, what of it you can see.   I managed to wear that cape thing til 3:00 and my body said "no more" and I went to the restroom and put my belt back on my pants and let out a gasp of freedom.  After the feeling came back into my arms and I could reach my printer without my boob being caught in my belt, life was good.  Its apparent, that a lil practice may be needed, or at least some really good still shots and we'll call it a day.  Sometimes, it really is the illusion of cool that you need. 


My advice, don’t let one disturbing look in the mirror or a day wrapped like a mummy ruin that image you had in your mind!  Because there’s always a new trend right around the corner!  Oh hey, lets go bedazzle those va jay jays!!!!!!