Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Ole Chuck and Lucy
I wanted to take a minute and wish everyone a Happy Halloween!  Today has been a busy one for me.   I still wasn't finished making the kids' costumes so I was doing the mad dash scramble this morning to find the missing light-up headband for the little Miss and the ever popular Fez for the boy. The one thing we won't have to complain about tonight is having to cover up the costumes with coats and leggings because its too cold.  It does make our costumes a little bit easier, I think???



This year the kids decided to do the Dr. Who theme.  My son is going to be a collaboration of all the Doctors and my daughter is channeling her inner Tardis and bow ties!!  I have to say, what I thought was going to be somewhat boring and not as much fun really turned into an adventure and we really made this fun.  My husband was a huge help, without his artistic abilities we would not have the best Dr. Who Converse chucks!!  So thank you Jesse B, and all your hard work.






We didn't have any Halloween parties this year, it seems everyone was really wrapped up in all the extra curricular from school and cheerleading.  So i turned my creative cooking time into a fast, fun and delicious snack for all those little cheerleaders today.   Scarecrow Crunch was an idea I found from Pinterest and for the last few years has really been my go to.  One year I took it to school in the black plastic witch's kettle for my son's party.  Today I filled cute Halloween treat bags with about 2 cups of the mix and served with little apple cider cups.   Its fast, easy and the kids love it.

For your adult time and after hours I found this recipe for this Halloween Candy Cocktail.   I feel very Sex & the City with this.  The only thing left is to pop Halloween in the DVD player take a sip and enjoy the night.
Halloween Candy Corn Cocktail


Have a Safe and Happy Halloween.   And share your favorite Halloween traditions, treats, and costumes!!!!!