Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2016

IT'S BUSINESS TIME!!!


After a long stressful month of May the tiny humans have all left for their visits with grandparents and biologicals.  I don’t really remember the last time me and the man have had a whole week of just us.  I just know it was much needed.   My daughter is 7 and we decided since we have an extra phone that we would let her have it.  Give her something that made her feel like one of the older kids and she can call us whenever she wants while she’s at grandma’s house.  Obviously this was mistake number one.  At seven years old with something new and shiny and technological its like my daughter has turned into a tracker jacker.  She’s everywhere.  And she can’t spell real well so between the texts of “are you ther?” and “MOMA” every 5 minutes I can’t say that she’s really been away.  Then she learned how to FaceTime.  And by God someone better answer, or she’ll keep calling back.  She’s my own little stalker.  Cell phone idea, probably not my best idea.

Monday, was drop off the kid day.  We drove just north of Birmingham, had lunch with the in-laws, did the kid drop, awesome we’ll spend the rest of the day hanging out in Birmingham and just enjoy each other’s company.  Maybe I can get a purse out of this situation.  (a girl can dream)  The trip was fun but it was time to go home and 15 miles from being home I get trapped behind the lady who was in the “Where’s the Beef” commercials, you know the one couldn’t see over the steering wheel driving her 1976 Cutlass Olds down the middle of the street.  Only my lady was in a teal Prius with a folded up bicycle in the back window.  I literally spent all my energy on having an internal fight behind the driver’s wheel on why she needed to move over and how was I going to pass her and then the obvious, honk your horn, throw your hands in the air, flash your lights, throw her down in 3rd gear and blow her off the road.  YES!!  Get around her make the blind turn and BOOM I'm stuck behind a semi!  God hates me.  So by the time we got home, I literally sank into the couch and was done.  There was no hot lovin.  There was no making a bad into good.  I was mentally and physically done with all the drama of the last 15 miles and from the rest of the month.  I say to myself, you have to try, look over at the man to entice him with my come hither drunk Zyrtec eyes….he’s got the dog in the ugly brown chair watching Street Outlaws.  So, I decided I’d eat a hot dog and watch Sister Wives.  No magic time tonight.  The thrill is gone.  

Even though the kids are away, the man still has his Army man duties.  He goes to class and the flight line every day and I stalk him.  I’m sure at least 4 times a day he’s thinking to himself, “cell phone for wife, probably not my best idea”.   Before when he was in school, he was out by noon, there was happy naked time and then we were off somewhere.  Usually Panama City Beach and there were lots of Margaritas.   Wooing was so much fun then.  He gets home at 5 now, and usually has a friend or two.  The friends are fun and make for fun evenings but I’m probably not going to be cooking lasagna naked for them.  I think I just heard a collective sigh of relief for that.  You’re welcome.

Tuesday started, I made all my necessary primping appointments.  I got all gussied up and made myself look like what I think a cute girl my age is supposed to look like.  I naturally went with bubble gum pink nail polish.  I’ve tried my hardest to avoid the lazy ponytail and the trendy messy bun.   I was bringing the magic back.  We were about to have 50 Shades of Jesse (I have to credit his buddy for that one, and it is pretty good).   Tuesday, Ladyscaping day.  That ended with, don’t touch me, I’m pretty sure my underwear is permanently glued to my vajay jay, you’re going to have to give me a 24 hour turn around on this.  My planning skills may need some work, I clearly didn’t think this situation all the way through.


Wednesday is a new day, we got this.  Its also wing night at the local watering hole here in town.  Ah HA, this is it.  We’re going to make up for lost times and be all kinds of fun again, just what we need.   I’m ready when he gets home for the big night out.   It’s awkward.   He’s hanging out in his underwear looking at power points.   I say, in my sexy voice…(not really)……You know we could……..and what happens next well, I’m pretty sure we lost any cool card we ever had and probably need an instructional video.  We like to call it the blooper reel.  Our Blooper Reel was so hilarious and embarrassing, I don’t think either one of us can ever take the other serious again.  Here’s what I learned, as long as you think in your own mind that you are sexy and doing sexy things and keep in the character, that’s all that matters!!  Just STAY in character, you planned that shit right there.  It was supposed to be like that.   Because if you break character and lay in a ball in the fetal position naked on top of baby girl’s craft box because you may have fallen off the make shift shelf you built on the couch, you can't come back from that.  The Magic has dissipated and all sense of seriousness is gone.  Just grab your dignity and pretend this never happened.   We will never speak of this again.  Why is the dog staring at me like that?

Thursday we’ve had some time to recover and not look each other in the eye or talk about it.  Talking is over rated.  Its man-primping day!  YES!!  I cook dinner, he’s getting purty.   The study group comes over.  No biggie.  I’m having fun, drinking and eating and hanging out by the pool.  9:30 rolls around.  Apparently enchiladas and beers turns into sleepy time.  The magic is clearly gone.  I force myself to wake up and the man is in a Supernatural marathon.  Well, its time to call it.    Friday is coming, yes the weekend, that’s when all the crazy will happen!

Friday rolled around and I waited anxiously for the man to get home so we could hang out.  We were on the non-plan plan.  YAY!  After waiting all morning I finally get the call he’s on the way home.  And hour and a half later I’m thinking to myself, that 15-minute trip sure did stretch out today.  Apparently it was take your friend to the barbershop and get haircuts and neck massages day.  Whatever, I like his noggin.  Grab the keys and out the door we go.  What are we doing?  We end up at the Harley Davidson.  Every girl’s dream date.  Then steaks at the Roadhouse.  Great I know what this means, every time…puppy belly!!!  The rest of the day is going to be shot.  Dinner is nice, not really a puppy belly incident but now we need to go buy clay targets for the shotgun???  Ok, then a trip to the Mens Wearhouse for the perfect pocket square.  No luck, and there was quite the stench that kinda puts a damper on the mood.  So naturally we decided to track down the Dothan Peanuts.  Yes, little fiberglass statues of Peanuts.  Its like a roadside attraction, I love this kind of thing.  Out of 50 I’m up to 13.  We made real progress. 
I decided we needed a little Putt Putt like when we were dating.  It would bring back memories and BAM the mood would be set.  The problem is, I’m slightly competitive.  So when our final score ended up being tied, well, CRAP.  Now the night is ruined, how am I supposed to find fun flirty sexy time, when we've ended a friendly competitive game of Putt Putt on a tie! Its as if the universe is conspiring against me.  Damn it, I want to punch babies.  Essentially our night ended with cokes from Sonic and a FaceTime with the baby girl.   Hawaii Five-0 on the tv and Jesse is doing his crossword with the dog in the ugly brown chair.  There’s only one more day left on our childless week vacation and well, things aren’t looking promising.  Hope Springs Eternal.

Saturday rolled in with the thunderstorm and Serena Williams getting beat in 2 sets.  It’s going to be a good day, indeed.  But men don’t think like women.  Never have, never will.  So when they think its business time, well, they think that the 1st thing they do in the morning is roll over, and poke us….with “it”.  You know, little nudge here, little nudge again as if to say…HEY…IM HERE!  Ok, guys, we’ve been asleep for at least 7 hours, my bladder is full.  So when you nudge me then throw your leg over the top of me and land it on my bladder yeah, something’s about to happen and I don’t think you’re gonna be up for that adventure!!!  No girl has ever woke up and said “geez, I wish I had someone to nudge me in the back so I’d know its business time!”  Ever.  Not one!   And the morning breath that we can taste its so bad, who wants that in your face first thing.  I dont even like to talk or acknowledge anyone before 10 am so this certainly can't go well for anyone.   Our Saturday actually ended up being pretty fun, a trip to the car show and some country cruising then back home to hang out in the pool and just enjoy the rest of the afternoon.  And then it happened; spontaneous…IT’S BUSINESS TIME!!!  Oh man, we were on it.  Like teenage irresponsible kids.  And then it happened.  One of us almost drowned, I ate a bug, there was one cramp and one issue of how anatomy works in a pool.   It was the Oscar’s of blooper reels if there was to be an award.  One of us decides to take the party inside.  One of us also forgot to turn the air off and the fans off before we went outside.   We walked into an iceberg.  Business Time was officially OVER.  One of us laid in a winter blanket laughing hysterically while the other one just stood there with defeat in his eyes, and some laughter.  That’s it. 


I don’t know what happened from the time we were dating and fun and carefree to now.  I’m pretty sure it had to do with alcohol and no inhibitions.  But whatever it was, I sure do miss it.  I also blame the kids.  They’re always the root of all the evil. You can never get the past back but you can always look forward to new beginnings, and that’s just what I’m going to do.  Keep on keeping on!  Maybe next weekend we’ll sneak out to the garage and try making out in the car!  Oh wait, it’s a standard, someone’s gonna get poked and my bad leg……………………….