Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Goin Rogue...Down There!



Being a girl is hard.  And the older we get the more obstacles Mother Nature throws at us.  I personally took for granted that I would always have perfect skin, tight abs and the ability to eat 3 super sized French Fries in one sitting and not gain a pound or a dimple.  In the big handbook of life lessons they should have a section chaptered “Moments that will break your heart, your bank account and possibly 3rd degree burns."  I’m starting to experience all of these.

I’m approaching 40 way faster than I want to.  And my body and mood are slightly bi-polar, to put it bluntly.  When I turned 30 I noticed it.  It just showed up one day out of the blue.  I didn’t know what to think about it and do you talk about it with your friends or are you the freak show?  The hair.  That one rogue black hair on the boob.  Thank GOD for Google.  Anonymity.  Well, wouldn’t you know there are at least 478,652 more people in the Yahoo Chat Community that also have the rogue black hair.  Now the next question, do you pluck it, shave it, is it like gray hairs if you make it go away will 7 return in its place???  And why was I not warned about the rogue black hair?   And what is stranger than that is that at 30 I was back in the dating world again.  Single and exploring and experimenting and having fun.   What I learned is, that complete strangers, boys, like to share their experiences, all free and willy nilly like, about how they were with a girl who had the mysterious rogue black hair on the boob and they RAN!  THEY RAN!!!  Now I wish I could say this was one isolated story I heard but it wasn’t.   Well, now the pressure was on!!!!  And on a side bar….if you’re a boy reading this…..Let me tell you that as far as one rogue boob hair goes, as us girls have to put up with you guys….the smells and hairs you all have far out weigh and scare us more than your fear of the boob hair!!!! 

And so I plucked.  It hurt.  And for years I plucked the one rogue boob hair.  And then around 37, I noticed, there was a rogue chinny chin chin hair that my now husband loves to point out and make a face when the light hits it just right.  At 39, its like my body and its all hormones and Father Time ganged up against me.   I could grow a handle bar mustache, my boobs bring new meaning to the words “sweater puppies”, and the hair…down there….as Samantha Jones would say…..its like someone put miracle grow in my Caress!  I would almost imagine that it was easier for Bruce Jenner to transition from a man to a woman than it is for a woman to grow old gracefully!



So I decided that now since I’m a living breathing walking bearded woman it was time to incorporate the waxing regiment into my life.   As if it wasn’t hard enough to fit in the every 4-week preventative hide the silver sparkle from my noggin.   Now I have to fit in 4-week primping of the rogue black hairs.  Here’s a tip, for any newbies out there….that one-inch growth is a bad idea…really bad!!!   I also would suggest a nice big helping of xanax and Jack Daniels.   The lady was quite nice and for some reason very chatty.  It’s hard to be chatty with a complete stranger wielding a popsicle stick with 350-degree candle wax dripping off the edge and your cooter spread apart like she’s looking for the leak!   You should mentally prepare yourself that it’s going to be awkward and sting.   LIKE A MO FO!!!  I don’t care what you prepare yourself for in life, there will never be a pain you get used to or can comprehend until you have had this procedure done.  I would rather birth 5 kids in a pool of water in the middle of Sea World then have to endure that again.  I literally sat straight up and inappropriately grabbed her ass.  It was indeed by accident, and she smiled, but it happened.   Four times.  I feel like I probably owe her dinner now.  I apologized profusely, and she just smiled.  Forget water boarding…we should just bring ISIS to any day spa and have them get their balls waxed.   Not only will we own the oil and land they’ll give up all their camels and their friends’ camels! 

After she was done she handed me a towel and a KFC wet wipe.   Apparently I was supposed to use the wet wipe down there, but you can’t wipe that much sticky wax out with just one wipe, so I washed my face because all my mascara had ran and my eyeliner was gone.  It looked like Mike Tyson had beat me up.  So I tried to clean my face.  Maybe that would distract the fact that I felt like my under britches were stuck in places that may never come out and now I walk like a duck so that nothing “rubs”. 

I paid for my service and was informed that you get the cheaper price if you come within the 4-5 week window for “maintenance”.  Naturally I signed up because what girl doesn’t like a discount!   They tell me it gets better the more you go.  That eventually your body gets used to this torture and stops producing the rogue hairs.   I’ve been plucking and waxing my eyebrows since I was 20.  I was a late bloomer.  I’m still waiting on that phenomenon to happen.  I’m not holding my breath.  But I am investing in lidocaine and a wooden block to bite into for my next trip.   I probably should take Sarah some flowers, it just seems the like the right thing to do, after all, she was wearing latex gloves!